At Petro Home Renovations, we offer drywall taping services for our clients in Toronto and its surrounding areas. Whether you need to finish a basement, hang drywall in a new house, or you want to repair a damaged wall; you can always count on us to help you will all kinds of drywall taping solutions with the help of our experienced and well-trained drywall taping specialists.
Drywall taping Tips
There are a few tips that can help you to effectively carry out drywall taping in your home. However, it is recommended that you should engage the services of a professional drywall taping expert. A few drywall taping tips that will allow you to perfectly make a smooth, invisible seam even at inside corners are listed below;
- Eliminate all Hard-to-hide Butt Joints: Butt joints refers to a scenario where two non-tapered ends of drywall meet, try as much as possible to avoid butt joint. In order to achieve this, you have to build up build up a hump of joint compound that is very wide and thin. This can be a hard and demanding task to carry out especially for a novice. Another good way to avoid butt joint is to use sheets of drywall that are long enough to cover the entire length of the ceilings and walls.
- Use Mesh Tape in Place of Paper: Professional drywall taping experts use paper tapes to strengthen joints instead of using mesh tapes. However, for a less-skilled individual, it is easier to use mesh tapes as paper tapes can ripple, trap air bubbles or slip out of position. Also, if you push too hard when you use paper tape, there is every tendency that you can squeeze out the joint compound behind it and the tape will peel off thereafter. On the other hand, adhesive mesh tape helps to eliminate all these glitches that can arise with using paper tape. All you need to do with a mesh tape, is to stick it in place and then you can spread the coat of mud across the entire surface. Please note that you cannot use mesh tapes for inside corners, and it is not as strong as paper tape.
- Fill Joints with Setting-Type Compounds: Filling joints with setting compounds allows you to use mesh tapes, it shrinks less, and it hardens faster compared to when you use premix versions. Low shrinkage and quick hardening makes setting compound perfect for deep filling. A thick layer of premixed compound can take days to dry and it also has the tendency to shrink.
Other valuable tips are as follows;
- Coat all inside corners smoother and faster with a corner knife
- Dunk paper tape to prevent bulges and bubbles
- Keep corners straight by using reinforced tape
- Flatten bulges and bumps between coats for less sanding
- Use a knockdown knife to create a smooth surface
- Finish with topping compound to easily achieve sooth walls
- Remove crumbs from your mud to prevent scars
Professional Drywall Technicians
What distinguishes us from other drywall contractors in Toronto is our ability to pay attention to the minutest of detail so that we can have nothing short of top quality drywall finishes. Our team at Petro Home Renovations consists of the best hands who are experienced and understands the techniques needed to install, repair, paint, finish, and carry out drywall taping using the latest tools in the industry.
If you live in Toronto and you need the services of a drywall taping specialist, contact us at Petro Home Renovations and let us help you get the job done.